Excerpt from the Jagiellonian University Statute
- The Jagiellonian University Museum is a unit of scientific, educational and didactic character.
- The Museum's main tasks are collecting, researching, preserving, conserving and demonstrating the objects related to the University's history and the history of science, culture and art in general.
- The structure and particular tasks of the Museum are defined in the regulations released by the Senate on request of the Museum Director. The regulations should fulfill the requirements defined by the museum act from the 21st November 1996 (Polish Law Gazette of 1997, No. 5, item 24 with later changes).
- The Director of the Jagiellonian University Museum is appointed for the five years' term of office by the Rector, basing on the Senate's opinion
- The Museum Director may be only an academic teacher with the degree or rank of doktor habilitowany with the University as the main employer.
- Deputy directors are appointed by the Rector basing on the Museum Director's opinion.
- The range of Director's duties and rights is determined by the Museum regulations, mentioned at § 76 pass. 3.